Mid-Rivers Communications, telecommunications service provider to 30,000 square miles of Eastern and Central Montana, is proud to announce the availability of up to $80,000 in grants! Educational Tech Grants are offered by Mid-Rivers when funds are available for this purpose from the Mid-Rivers Fund for Education, which is funded by cooperative members’ Unclaimed Capital Credits.
Applications must be submitted online with an application video and accompanying application form by eligible applicants (see below) no later than 11:59 PM on Tuesday, October 31, 2023. Incomplete applications or applications submitted on paper will not be considered. Please apply using a valid email address – this is how we will communicate with you regarding the status of your application.
· Accredited educational facilities, including public, private and home schools, located within the Mid-Rivers service area.
· Non-profit entities with an educational mission serving the Mid-Rivers service area.
· Mid-Rivers recognizes the power of broadband as a solution. Broadband can build bridges between generations, provide access to boundless educational opportunities, strengthen rural economies, help people stay in their homes longer, and overcome unique and unexpected challenges. This year, preference will be given to projects that:
o Utilize broadband in innovative ways to address educational and community issues.
o Seek to educate adults and senior citizens on broadband applications, including how to use technology and the quality-of-life benefits technology can offer to seniors.
o Promote student leadership and workforce development skills, especially in fields that will allow students to successfully live and work in Eastern Montana as adults.
· All projects must be for educational purposes that benefit Mid-Rivers' members and customers. Educational purposes may include PreK-12, postsecondary, continuing/adult, and/or workforce education.
· Projects should employ technology/telecommunications and propose innovative and cost-effective solutions to rural educational and community challenges.
· Grant dollars may be used to purchase technology, equipment, supplies, advertising/outreach, and other items necessary to complete the project. Grant funds may NOT be used for salaries, benefits, or to purchase telecommunications services from providers other than Mid-Rivers.
· The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) does not allow grants to be used for services and equipment that also receive USAC Schools & Libraries (E-Rate) discounts.
· Matching funds are preferred but not required.
· Maximum grant request per project/application is $10,000.
· There is no minimum grant request.
· Actual grant amounts, eligible projects and applicants, and number and amounts of grants awarded will be at the sole discretion of Mid-Rivers Communications based on the quality of applications received, geographic distribution of funding, and other factors.
- A brief description of your project.
- The amount you are requesting and the total project cost.
- If awarded, how will the grant dollars be used?
- Who will benefit from the project?
- What benefit would this grant provide?
- How does this project meet the preferences of the grant?
- If awarded, how do you propose to recognize Mid-Rivers Communications for providing funds to your project?